VIDEOSMock & Toof - "Farewell To Wendo"
Mock & Toof - "Underwater"
Mock & Toof - "Walking The Streets"
Mock & Toof have just recently published their new autumn top 10 over at What People Play.
The chart is as follows:
1. Hugh Godfrey – Mad World (Soul Jazz Records)
2. John Selway – Velozone (Serotonin Records)
3. J.T.C – In Transit (Cultivated Electronics)
4. Mop Mop – Kamakumba (Agogo Records)
5. Oneohtrix Point Never – Cryo (Warp Records)
6. Tarjei Nygård – Katapult (Full Pupp)
7. Ammer & Console – White Screen (CODE)
8. Lowtec – Joni (BRAiNMATH)
9. Polarius – Linndrum Madness (Bunker)
10. Arttu – Space Trippin’ (Philpot)
Recently, Nick Woolfson, one half of Mock & Toof, sat down with Point Blank Music School to talk about one of his favorite plugins: Universal Audio’s UAD Studer A800. Nick stated, “I use it constantly over drum busses, individual instrument tracks and the master outputs to add a little tape warmth and compression.” To read all of what he has to say about the plugin please click here.
Mock & Toof have compiled 12 remixes of their own music to be released next month on Tiny Sticks. Some of the remixers include fellow Backroom artist Massimiliano Pagliara, Wolf and Lamb and Call Super, among others. You can listen to Young Marco’s remix of ‘Snowball’ over on SoundCloud now. For full details on the release check our Resident Advisor’s news piece here. Tracklisting below.
01. Sleeper (Tiago Remix)
02. Shoeshine Boogie feat. Pollyester (Wolf & Lamb Remix)
03. Farewell To Wendo feat. Pollyester (Kink & Neville Watson Remix)
04. Day Ken Died (Skatebard Remix)
05. Confusion Time feat. Ghostape (Lauer Remix)
06. Snowball (Young Marco Remix)
07. Walking The Streets feat. Ghostape (DMX Krew Remix)
08. Farewell To Wendo feat. Pollyester (Sling & Samo Remix)
09. The Key feat. Gavin Gordon (Call Super Instrumental Edit)
10. Don’t Work Don’t Care feat. Ghostape (Blundetto Remix)
11. From Kashima feat. Gavin Gordon (Kalabrese Remix)
12. Normans Eyes feat. Pollyester (Massimilliano Pagliara Remix)
Resident Advisor has recently reviewed the new EP from Akra, TunnelVision, and given it 4/5. Carlos Hawthorn writes, “”TunnelVision” sees Akra revisit murkier atmospheres for the first time since last year’s “Dust To Dirt.” Setting doleful synths over a mild beat, the opening hints at temperate techno, before dramatic chords vivify the mood, making for the producer’s most striking track to date. Matthias Voigt, returning after his outing as Mias Void on the fifth Teng release, modifies the track for the peak time crowd through thick kicks and a romping bassline. Iron Curtis sticks closer to Akra’s template, throwing in chants and acid tweaks that cover it in a slightly freakish film. The impassioned core remains, however, seeing out an altogether gripping release.” You can read the full review here.
Mock & Toof have just released a new mix for Millionhands. The mix features the likes of Runaway, Move D and Wolf + Lamb, among many others. You can give the two hour mix a complete listen over on SoundCould.